Lost & found.

For your Wargames Wittering
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Lost & found.

Post by Peeler »

Have you recently found anything which you had previously lost, misplaced, or merely forgotten that you had?
I was looking through some unpainted Napoleonics the other day, for some Peninsular War British. I looked through the A4 box of painted stuff, then through the larger box of unpainted stuff.
Then I discovered another A4 box full of unpainted. Forgotten I had that one, so that was a nice find.
Furthermore, in that said box, apart from all the Napoleonic stuff (including those dismounted skirmishing Cuirassiers which come & go), I found a bag of undercoated 15mm zombies, about 50 of them. I have no recollection of buying them at all & no idea what game or rules I intended to play with them.
I've traced them to the Old Glory Blue moon Horror range, so at least I know where they're from, at least eight years ago at a guess. I might add some civilians & werewolves soon. I still don't know why, but I'm thinking some sort of DBxHorror. 😁
RMD
Jezebel

Re: Lost & found.

Post by RMD »

Yeah, I constantly lose stuff, only to find them later when looking for something else (often completely unrelated).

As mentioned earlier, I've just found a battalion of SYW Swedish grenadiers that I was starting to think perhaps hadn't existed at all. They're Prussian grenadier figures, but with a slight conversion of oilskin covers modelled over the mitre caps by a friend with Milliput.
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

Well that's Peeler sorted for the March of the Zombies challenge.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
ochoin
Gaynor

Post by ochoin »

Generally, no.

I tend to tabulate, list & label everything. Cross reference & notarize. I possibly have a problem....

donald
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Now you see this is the problem. I start off looking for X, find Y and think "oh, I remember looking for those ages ago - THAT'S where they were!", then put Y "somewhere safe" so I'll know where it is next time I need it, then start looking for X again but find Z instead (and repeats process). Ages later I'll stop looking for X, having not found it or anything remotely like it. but having located loads of other stuff I am (fairly) sure that I have looked for at various times in the past 12 months, but also not found at the time I was looking for them, but either no longer need or don't have the time to deal with.

Unfortunately, the mere act of putting all of this latter group "somewhere safe" means I will not be able to find them next time, when I am looking for them.

And now some bar steward has started a feckin' thread about it. :hair: :wall:
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Sounds like you all, except Ocho, need to gird your loins and step into a Kanban.
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:01 am Now you see this is the problem. I start off looking for X, find Y and think "oh, I remember looking for those ages ago - THAT'S where they were!", then put Y "somewhere safe" so I'll know where it is next time I need it, then start looking for X again but find Z instead (and repeats process). Ages later I'll stop looking for X, having not found it or anything remotely like it. but having located loads of other stuff I am (fairly) sure that I have looked for at various times in the past 12 months, but also not found at the time I was looking for them, but either no longer need or don't have the time to deal with.

Unfortunately, the mere act of putting all of this latter group "somewhere safe" means I will not be able to find them next time, when I am looking for them.

And now some bar steward has started a feckin' thread about it. :hair: :wall:
Yup, that's my experience. It's what I generally refer to as 'Google's Law'.
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

Buff Orpington wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:27 pm Well that's Peeler sorted for the March of the Zombies challenge.
+1
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Clearly just before Aperil when Norm and I get ready for our first wax a chimp game.
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

There is one positive side to this though - that's when you buy a small number of figures to finish off a unit and make it larger and you lose them, order them again and then complete the unit.
When you find the lost figures you have the perfect excuse you need to buy quite a few figures to complete a new second unit and so on...

Bigger fleas have little fleas upon their backs to bite them and little fleas have lesser fleas and so ad infinitum :thumbs: