Plan for 2021 and beyond..

For your Wargames Wittering
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Re: Plan for 2021 and beyond..

Post by Tim Hall »

Jeremy wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:57 pm Much like this year. Paint what I want when I feel like painting it.
Now that is a plan I can appreciate, get behind and see the potential positive outcomes of. That's a massive ditto on this for me.

To do list written up accordingly, a copy of which is shown below.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

Jeremy wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:57 pm Much like this year. Paint what I want when I feel like painting it.
Mr Hall beat me to it. This is indeed a fine plan for the year and I too will just do what the hell I like. There may be some coalescence of painting schedules around potential gatherings (if they happen) but other than that, anything goes...
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

goat major wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:48 pm I keep meaning to ask you about it - is it Dan Dare themed ? or Quatermass ? or both? :thumbs:
Just as long as it's not based on "The Army Game/Bootsie and Snudge".
:fp:
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:14 pm
goat major wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:48 pm I keep meaning to ask you about it - is it Dan Dare themed ? or Quatermass ? or both? :thumbs:
Just as long as it's not based on "The Army Game/Bootsie and Snudge".
:fp:
My dad remembered watching them.
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

Its just good to wander through the different periods that you do having a change when it takes your fancy, yet being able to put in a short burst when you want something by a particular deadline

Much better than" I'm going to paint those 3 regiments of Russian Napoleonic cavalry and 6 infantry battalions by Midnight of February the 42nd"
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Count Belisarius wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:30 pm There may be some coalescence of painting schedules around potential gatherings (if they happen) but other than that, anything goes...
I'm not pretending that next years list will look any different...except longer!
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

valleyboy wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:03 pm Its just good to wander through the different periods that you do having a change when it takes your fancy, yet being able to put in a short burst when you want something by a particular deadline

Much better than" I'm going to paint those 3 regiments of Russian Napoleonic cavalry and 6 infantry battalions by Midnight of February the 42nd"
Exactly this. I’ve painted figures from at least half a dozen different armies this year as the fancy has taken me. But still managed to do some serious work on both sides of my Arthurians and Pointy Sticks. The biggest roadblock to productivity is forced focus (not Ford Focus) and becoming jaded or stale
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

When you say the fancy, are you referring to Purps.
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Post by levied troop »

I loved the Ford Focus 😍

Dwarfcember may be a try out for 2021. I fancy focussing on one (different*) project for each month and see how far I get in reducing the lead pile. And every bar in Edinburgh.

*and set your minds at rest, I won’t run out of projects :lol:
I get lockdown, but I get up again.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

I’ve got a Fantasy project on the go (when I get bored of other projects) and recently acquired some mid-hammer and old-hammer GW dwarves. My find they’re tiny compared to some of the offerings these days!