Gaynor

Re: What's on your workbench?

Post by MarshalNey »

Very nice!
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

Ilkley Old School wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:14 pm Having seen RMDs 15mm SYW I thought I would paint a stand of Prussians. I got these figures from EB a while back and only got as far as undercoating then.

My plan is to get together enough for 12 bases a side and play Volley and Bayonet style games on my kitchen table.

I have a few other SYW bits and pieces which I am currently renovating and rebasing including some old Minifigs 15mm figures from circa 1980 that I bought from the Skytrex Shop in Victoria.
Bloody lovely! I did some near-identical 'pinkies' last week, though mine are Wurttembergers. Going by the pompom colour, I'm guessing the 'Prince of Prussia' Regt?
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

They are rather pretty.
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

They may look pretty, but can they fight.
Wargames dreams never die, they just get left in a box.

----https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/----
Ilkley Old School
PurpleBot

Post by Ilkley Old School »

RMD wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:49 pm
Ilkley Old School wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:14 pm Having seen RMDs 15mm SYW I thought I would paint a stand of Prussians. I got these figures from EB a while back and only got as far as undercoating then.

My plan is to get together enough for 12 bases a side and play Volley and Bayonet style games on my kitchen table.

I have a few other SYW bits and pieces which I am currently renovating and rebasing including some old Minifigs 15mm figures from circa 1980 that I bought from the Skytrex Shop in Victoria.
Bloody lovely! I did some near-identical 'pinkies' last week, though mine are Wurttembergers. Going by the pompom colour, I'm guessing the 'Prince of Prussia' Regt?
Yup they are the 18th aka Prince of Prussia.
Ilkley Old School
PurpleBot

Post by Ilkley Old School »

My latest classic napoleonic unit has been completed. A Hinton Hunt French Line Artillery unit.

I am however uncertain of the manufacturer of the guns. They are nice models and have a separate axle that runs under the carriage. This is the same as the classic 20mm Hinchcliffe artillery. It has suggested that they are manufactured by Warrior.
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

Nice. Shiny. Pretty.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Wasn't the original Hinchliffe gun range in 20mm, and they only switched to 25mm later?
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

They have that chunky hinchcliffe look. IIRC the original Hinchcliffe 20mms werre about the size of minifig's 25s.

Luverly Artillery and pink Proosians by the way.
Vintage Wargaming
PurpleBot

Post by Vintage Wargaming »

The Hinchliffe 20mm equipment range were by far the nicest artillery and other kit range. A sure sign of Hinchliffe 20mm guns is that their barrels are connected by bulges on the interior sides of the gun carriage which then fit into circular recesses in the gun barrels. The 20mm colonial wagon is a thing of beauty but my favourite is the elephant team pulling heavy colonial artillery. This was the first metal Wargaming thing I ever saw, in a hardware shop in Durham about 50 years ago, and was eye wateringly expensive. Of course now I have about twelve of them.

http://vintagewargaming.blogspot.com/2 ... e.html?m=0