What are people buying?

For your Wargames Wittering
RMD
Jezebel

Re: What are people buying?

Post by RMD »

goat major wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:16 am
BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:13 am
goat major wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:28 am That is indeed ridiculous.
Indeed - I can see at least four species that weren't introduced into America until the mid-19th Century.
Please take it as a badge of honour that i consider you sad enough to be potentially serious with that comment
He isn't?! :o
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

White, blue, purple and yellow would be the safest bet. Not all on the same plant, mind!
Wargames dreams never die, they just get left in a box.

----https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/----
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

For those of you interested, I see PSC have the bag of WW2 planes available in stock at a tenner.

BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

goat major wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:16 am
BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:13 am Indeed - I can see at least four species that weren't introduced into America until the mid-19th Century.
Please take it as a badge of honour that i consider you sad enough to be potentially serious with that comment
It's actually a reference to two comments on Tarleton's Quarter, first someone from the US suggested that an apple orchard that Giles had had made for his table contained a type of apple that wasn't grown in America until the 20th Century (possibly a piss-take, not sure) and the second was someone complaining that his rail fences were wrong for New England (which sounded completely serious as the guy apparently sent piccies).

But yes, you're right - I am.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Shahbahraz wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:33 pm For those of you interested, I see PSC have the bag of WW2 planes available in stock at a tenner.
Tempted, but too much on at the moment (and no bases, of course.....).
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

I get it, it's just they only seem to get them in infrequently... reminds me, must go to Warbases and get some bases + dice frames.

tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

I might have some spare cash burning a hole on Friday and after some discussion with Hotel re: possible 2022 games I'm mulling over the following..

1. A Republican army from Aventine (to beef up the Newline one I already have, still to paint) also some of their EIR too.

2. Offensive Miniatures army pack of US Airborne.

3. Footsore Goths - Saga army packs on sale atm. Nice looking Visigoth warband down from £90 to £70.

4. Adding to my very small Napoleonic collection.

5. As above with my Holgar Erikssons Swedes

Its a tough decision as it may be the last splash out I do this year. Unless I sell a few bits?
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

You do know that all the Goths are in Footsores 20% off offer don't you? :evilgrin: :evilgrin:
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

Excellent, my last order from Eureka is finally in the post, just in time for payday, so it's time to order summat else. I've been running the poor bugger ragged for the last six months, constantly ordering things from the SYW range that are out of stock and have to come from Oz. However, I've got enough SYW for the time being... I was hoping that the new AB Napoleonics might have appeared in the catalogue by now (Young Guard Chasseurs a Cheval, Saxon Hussars, Westphalian Cuirassiers, Brunswick Lancers and Spanish Lancers), but still no sign. :(

As Warfare is being advertised as on for 27/28th November this year, I've going to have to defend my title as Demo Game Champeen, so I think it might be time to invest in some more 10mm ACW from Pendraken...
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

Nothing!* So far this month, it's been 4 days since payday and I have resisted so far... holding out for a decent BEF range.

*edit, ok, almost nothing, the grab bag of 1/300 plastic Battle of Britain planes from PSC...