What are people buying?

For your Wargames Wittering
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Re: What are people buying?

Post by Jeremy »

Phase one of the Barons War goodies landed today. I’m rather keen to get stuck into them tomorrow

valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

I'm jealous Jeremy- I'm still waiting for my order. Do the mounted knights come with those pill shaped bases?
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

I'll look forward to seeing those painted. Do you have a ruleset picked out? (IIRC the Kickstarter included one...?)
Wargames dreams never die, they just get left in a box.

----https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/----
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

valleyboy wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:53 pm I'm jealous Jeremy- I'm still waiting for my order. Do the mounted knights come with those pill shaped bases?
They do! And the infantry with 25mm rounds
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Shahbahraz wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:35 pm I'll look forward to seeing those painted. Do you have a ruleset picked out? (IIRC the Kickstarter included one...?)
The KS comes with an add on for the BW rules, though I’m sure you can add the rules in the pledge manager.

I’m going to be using Dux and my own starting forces. The Raiders rules should cover the outlaws nicely
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

Got some rather nice Kallistra dwarves the other day and landed TWD: No Sanctuary and its first expansion today for £26. 74 figures and a game that can be played solo.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

Lots of things to make the 3d printing work better.. more resin, isopropyl alcohol, new small pliers, razor saw etc.

Also been looking at buying some designs off wargaming 3d but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I still haven't quite got the process to a point where it will reliably print every time. Or 90% of the time.

And I'm going to have to buy some more Warlord Japanese WW2 plastics for gun crew etc.

Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Buff Orpington wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:06 am ....and landed TWD: No Sanctuary and its first expansion today for £26. 74 figures and a game that can be played solo.
It's a great solo game too, not one that loses it's soul without an opponent :)
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Shahbahraz wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:19 am And I'm going to have to buy some more Warlord Japanese WW2 plastics for gun crew etc.
Yes - you need at least two boxes-worth for a full-strength early war platoon, which is around 65 all ranks. I bought one box and a load of sprues in a sale. I also got a load of Brigade Games stuff as they tend to have bigger gun crews, more variety of poses, and a wider range of guns. Somewhere or other, I have a hephalump + mahout for a Jap deployment point.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:46 pm
Shahbahraz wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:19 am And I'm going to have to buy some more Warlord Japanese WW2 plastics for gun crew etc.
Yes - you need at least two boxes-worth for a full-strength early war platoon, which is around 65 all ranks. I bought one box and a load of sprues in a sale. I also got a load of Brigade Games stuff as they tend to have bigger gun crews, more variety of poses, and a wider range of guns. Somewhere or other, I have a hephalump + mahout for a Jap deployment point.
Yeah, I did the same, one box plus a bunch of sprues in a sale. I have something like 4 squads of 13, snipers, flamethrowers, a couple of figures were added to a TAG MMG, and two for an AT team. I bought one more sprue - which will give me an additional 5 for the gun crew, and one more man for my AT team. I also have some Warlord Games 'Medals' and I am tempted to get their AT rifle set. Very envious of your hephalump set though.

There is a free CoC campaign PDF for Saipan that would let me use all my toys, I just need to find someone to play against... when we can eventually get back to playing face to face.