What's on your workbench?

For your Wargames Wittering
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Re: What's on your workbench?

Post by Shahbahraz »

Been laying down base colours and highlights. The front three rows are my own prints, (other than the 88 & the Humber crew figures) and the white objects at the back are Paint & Glue prints. The others are commercial resin. Not sure about the Wasp flamethrower carrier which looks to be based on the older Bren Gun Carrier and not the Universal Carrier. The only ones showing obvious layer lines are the L33 tankettes, which I think is an artefact of the file I was using rather than the printer.

I really need to stop printing stuff.
Wargames dreams never die, they just get left in a box.

----https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/----
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

Tim Hall wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:23 pm ..... My plan is to host a big game with them next year in Fram, fates willing. The new Conservative Club community hub will be completed by then and will have large, well lit rooms available. And one hopes life will have calmed down a lot more and we can actually gather together to play toy soldiers.
Sounds like a plan. 👍
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:21 am
Tim Hall wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:23 pm Nope, that's it for troops. I have painted 6 more Union gun crews, I am midway through one last infantry brigade, and midway through the Irish additions, and that will be it.
Kudos for being the only hard-core ACW gamer I know who didn't paint the Irish Brigade first up! :thumbs:
Thank you. No, I thought it was important to get a good amount of basic troops done first, the fancy schmancy stuff can be done later. It's only a few years since I added the Iron Brigade. As I am doing Eastern Theatre 1862-63 I have stuck with theatre compatible troops, in the main. I have allowed myself a couple of anachronistic units, but that's all.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

Looking forward to seeing pictures

- I confess to having been seriously tempted by ACW, too much Shelby Foote. Though I would probably do it in 6 or 10mm - and then I realise I really don't need another period. Although now I think about it, there's a couple of Corps of FPW in 6mm lurking in the shed. French Imperial, French Republic, Bavarian and Prussian IIRC. errr...

Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Shahbahraz wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:56 pm The front three rows are my own prints,
You've been very busy and they all look very nice prints too, especially at this scale!.
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

Shahbahraz wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:07 pm ... I confess to having been seriously tempted by ACW, too much Shelby Foote. Though I would probably do it in 6 or 10mm ...
Have you seen the recent release by Atlantic (or Warlord?) 12mmish plastic strips for ACW?
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

Paul wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:13 pm
Shahbahraz wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:56 pm The front three rows are my own prints,
You've been very busy and they all look very nice prints too, especially at this scale!.
Thanks - well, having a printer idle seems like a waste.. :) And while I am getting better, there are still the occasional fails. Very happy with the prints so far. I just need to source some decent STL that aren't upscaled 15mm, some of which are upscaled from 1/200.

I'm going to start doing some terrain prints now - unfortunately, the photon S has quite a small print bed, so I will need to do some slicing.

And I'd like to print some markers like morale trackers for Dux & Infamy, so it's back to Tinkercad. Another learning curve

Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

Peeler wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:10 pm
Shahbahraz wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:07 pm ... I confess to having been seriously tempted by ACW, too much Shelby Foote. Though I would probably do it in 6 or 10mm ...
Have you seen the recent release by Atlantic (or Warlord?) 12mmish plastic strips for ACW?
I have, and they look really nice painted up. But I must resist, way too much still to paint... probably at least 20 years worth. That's even before I think about the stash in Oz. Given I'm not getting any younger...

valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

What are you going to do about your OZ stash? Can't you get it sent over?
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

Peeler wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:58 pm
Tim Hall wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:23 pm ..... My plan is to host a big game with them next year in Fram, fates willing. The new Conservative Club community hub will be completed by then and will have large, well lit rooms available. And one hopes life will have calmed down a lot more and we can actually gather together to play toy soldiers.
Sounds like a plan. 👍
I loved the Ayton Game where I got to play with Tim's ACW collection - its amongst the best collection of figures I've ever had the pleasure of seeing and in this case touching