Battleground, Saturday 20th November

For your Wargames Wittering
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Re: Battleground, Saturday 20th November

Post by Tim Hall »

goat major wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:08 pm
Tim Hall wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:53 pm
Paul wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:23 pm That's a real blast from the past!
Go Dark Disciples! :evilgrin:
I always loved the figures, the Marines are still without equal of the type in my opinion. But for me the rules of choice for those guys was "Laserburn". Don't they just seem so small by comparison with today's offerings.
I doubt I’ll actually use the rules, i got them because I’m currently restoring my old Spacefarers figures and it seemed too good a chance to pass up for a fiver. Back in the day we used to use them for Traveller games. Now it I’ll probably use them for 5 parsecs, stargrave and maybe the sci fi rampant thats due next year
Traveller, that takes me right back to 1979-80, although I never quite got the appeal, the games of that I saw back then didn't seem to have a whole lot of action going on. I have fond memories of the artwork on the cover though. I really look forward to seeing your take on the figures however, I know you'll do a cracking job on them.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

goat major wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:10 pm I think the 28mm game was Irregular too but I didn’t have my glasses with me so couldn’t work out the level of “Irregularity” of them. 15mm though - that sounds possible . Hmmmmm
All here, just click on the menu on the left:-

http://irregularminiatures.co.uk/indexes/15mmindex.htm
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

Yes, a good day out was had. Alex & myself put on a DBN Waterloo game, had some good long chats with interested people & sold half a dozen rule sets too. The show generally was good quality, as were the other games on display.
For myself, one Blandford uniform book for a mere fiver & some odds from Col Bills rummage box. Good to see some LaW chaps, my personal high was helping a mate through his purchasing anxiety & enabling him to purchase a wind section for his band. Oh, and we stopped off at Whitby for fish & chips & a zombie blat game on the sea front.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Peeler wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:07 pm For myself, one Blandford uniform book for a mere fiver.....
It's bizarre how those Blandford books have fluctuated in price over the years. For ages you had to pay eye-watering amounts for the AWI book, for example, then it calmed down to a mere sharp intake of breath, now you can get them pretty cheaply - and the good UK edition too, not the cheapo US reprint.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

Yes indeed, very odd. I bought a SYW one a while ago, £40 (I think) & I've seen others for a lot more. This one was the "Military Uniforms of the World", so may well be cheaper anyway, but even so, can't fault it at a fiver.
Oh, I was rummaging in Bill's Bits for 28ishMM 18thCish civilian figures. I found 8, only charged me £3, bonus, I thought. Norman pointed out to me that one was a Western figure holding a shotgun. Must get my eyesight check soon.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Shame I had to miss it but I've had a stinking cold and these days a barking cough can clear a hall faster than screaming "bomb!"

SWMBO also banned any wargaming in the near run up to Ayton.
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

I got the SYW from york a year or so ago for a tenner . Nice condition too . It certainly seems to be pot luck
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Leon Pendraken
Fallen Woman

Post by Leon Pendraken »

We've put up a short report of the event here: https://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index. ... 286.0.html and all of the pictures of the games can be found here: https://bit.ly/Battleground21

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to almost 6000 products, including over 4200 products in 10mm, plus MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and much, much more!
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

Looks like a great day Leon.I hope to be their next year either trading or with a game.