Reign of Terror

For Loose Games & Shows.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Re: Reign of Terror

Post by grizzlymc »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:35 pm In the 1880s the US Surgeon-General recommended to Congress that it set up a contingency fund with which to provide a daily dose of laudanum for all Americans over the age of 10, and gave a whole list of medical benefits.
A policy which might be worth revisiting.
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

I suspect they're already doing it.
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

World2dave wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:52 pm I suspect they're already doing it.
Yes, Oxycodone I think
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

well that was a lot of fun, Thanks Jeremy!. Unsurprisingly we are totally incompetent. And blind.
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

In tonight’s show... Norm rubs GM’s breasts, LT sees a leper and Dave questions his lack of faith in a dark space.

A foreshadowing of the execution of someone they know 5 years in the future sets the scene for the campaign.

The evening started quietly for our would be Investigators as they helped their patron oversee the removal of bones from the overcrowded cemeteries to the catacombs. Failing to spot clues of various types, they did not see the white carriage with red trim bearing down on them, knocking Maxime and Claudine to the ground. Bob Lafette caught sight of the Aristo inside who was kissing the neck of a young lady. Sexual attraction must have followed as he lost himself within the Comte’s burning gaze. Maxime (the charlatan Doctor) claimed he could heal the beautiful Claudine by rubbing her immense assets. Claudine noted this down in her little red book of names.

They were then tasked to go and investigate claims from the workers that they were being watched in the catacombs. After what seemed like an age of fumbling around in the dark, Etienne saw a scabrous leperous creature. Before he could react, the creature scarpered down hidden tunnels, not to be seen again. Having to report failure to their employer on the first job given to them, they were surprised to be sent to investigate the murder of a local printer.

Showing the kind of focus they are not renowned for, they ignored a growing riot outside the bakers and proceeded to the printing press. Here they were met with a scene of carnage. The printer and his family had been slaughtered along with their dog. They were strung up and their throats slashed. The printer, who was printing revolutionary pamphlets was no more. Still, Maxime came out of the encounter with a puppy, so it can’t all be bad?
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

I blame the drugs.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
Norman D. Landings
Grizzly Madam

Post by Norman D. Landings »

I hold by my initial theory. Reckon I nailed it the second the fop clattered into view.
Also, field diagnosis of leprosy? Quincy in a tricorne.
Subsequent confusion between ‘lepers’ and ‘leopards’? Not my fault.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

Leprosy, tricky stuff. Bloke came into camp once with a discoloured blotch on one hand and lack of feeling in his extremities. My boss, snoopy, shook his hand before he launched into a long rambling explanation of his illness. We packed him off to a real doctor.

Snoops says, we'd better handle that cup with rubber gloves and wash it in Lysol.
Didn't you go out for a piss during the story?
Did I?
I'm sure you did, and you shook his hand, better wash your dick in Lysol

We'd just sent the guy to town in our spare vehicle, the moment it came back, snoops was off to the doctor.
levied troop
Grizzly Madam

Post by levied troop »

We’ve gotta get someone with a ‘spot hidden’ ability greater than 0. The revolution demands it.
I get lockdown, but I get up again.
Norman D. Landings
Grizzly Madam

Post by Norman D. Landings »

The French Revolution - nobody saw that coming.

Because of woeful dice rolling.