Giants in Miniature ~ George Washington

For your gaming pictures & links.
Penda
Gaynor

Giants in Miniature ~ George Washington

Post by Penda »

The Wargames Illustrated George Washington from their Giants in Miniature range, sculpted by Matt Bickley along with the Uxbridge figure. The support figures are from Foundry, the road sign from Warbases - yes I know about Washington, it’s pointing to his future - and the flag I found for free through an internet search. The bird is meant to suggest a Cardinal, more colourful than the usual blackbird or crow you tend to see folk do.
There is no point in being stupid if you don't show it!

www.talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk
www.talesfromrhanzlistan.blogspot.co.uk
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Re: Giants in Miniature ~ George Washington

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Penda wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:21 pm The Wargames Illustrated George Washington from their Giants in Miniature range, sculpted by Matt Bickley along with the Uxbridge figure.
Nicely done - it's the figure from the boat in the Leutze painting, isn't it (the one where nobody's actually rowing except some poor guy right at the stern, who's efforts are being completely nullified by an officer in the bow who clearly flunked even the archaic 1775 version of Physics 101 and is pushing against an ice floe). So this is obviously the before picture, where GW's standing at a cross-roads, wondering why his rowing boat is nowhere to be seen....
Penda wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:21 pm The support figures are from Foundry, the road sign from Warbases - yes I know about Washington, it’s pointing to his future - and the flag I found for free through an internet search.
That's his HQ flag, so 100% accurate there.....
Penda wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:21 pm The bird is meant to suggest a Cardinal, more colourful than the usual blackbird or crow you tend to see folk do.
It's not a buff orpington, is it?
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

Excellent David
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

He doesn't look very happy. Maybe he's wondering if it was such a good idea after all.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

A very nicely staged and based group, David. Thank you.

Iain