Tales from Pendawar

For your gaming pictures & links.
Penda
Gaynor

Re: Tales from Pendawar

Post by Penda »

The next unit to be completed, the 3rd Pendawar Native Infantry. I'm currently painting some artillery and crew for the E.I.C. Army of Pendawar, although judging from the lack of feedback I've mined a rich vein of apathy.
There is no point in being stupid if you don't show it!

www.talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk
www.talesfromrhanzlistan.blogspot.co.uk
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Actually, I was thinking what a splendid alternative use of the Perry Egyptian campaign figures. What are you doing about the enemy "hordes" - or will they be "organised" like the alternative EIC?
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Shahbahraz
Jezebel

Post by Shahbahraz »

I'm not apathetic, I reckon they look great.
Wargames dreams never die, they just get left in a box.

----https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/----
Penda
Gaynor

Post by Penda »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:43 am Actually, I was thinking what a splendid alternative use of the Perry Egyptian campaign figures. What are you doing about the enemy "hordes" - or will they be "organised" like the alternative EIC?
I’ve already identified groups of figures from my Indian Mutiny collection which will fit in fine. As they are Foundry figures I’ve ordered more types ~ artillery crews, Warriors with swords, with matchlocks, cavalry with swords, with spears, Camel gunners. I ordered four guns from AWM, suitably large. I like some of the Empress Maharattas so May add them later. I’d like a tiger mouth mortar from Redoubt but don’t fancy their indifferent mail order reputation.

BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Sounds like a plan. The one thing that always put me off Wellington in India and the like was the mass armies you needed to oppose the British/EIC - I know it usually came down to just a few elite units, or European-trained regulars doing all the fighting on the other side, but it still didn't look right.

Re. Redoubt, I would suggest maybe wait until the show scene is up and running again and either you can pick one up from their stand, or one of us can do it for you and bring it up to Ayton? Salute, if it goes ahead, is planned for two weeks prior.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Penda wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:26 am ....although judging from the lack of feedback I've mined a rich vein of apathy.
That's not the first time i've been called a pathetic......oh :)

Certainly no apathy here. Imaginations in the Indian sub continent is up there in my main interests but I don't have the stamina to produce massive armies!
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

This is a nice little project that, knowing what you've done in the past will probably end up as a big project!
Penda
Gaynor

Post by Penda »

The first of the Foot Artillery, Perry Miniatures of course on Warbases' MDF base.

BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

I do like the yellowing shirt of the far gunner.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:55 am I do like the yellowing shirt of the far gunner.
The one at the front looks like he's bracing himself. I love the unusual uniforms but you seem to be suffering from a bit of base warp....or is it just an uneven surface?