Kumbahyah Nov 2021

For Loose Games & Shows.
tim.w
Jezebel

Kumbahyah Nov 2021

Post by tim.w »

So it looks like we have a consensus to return to the chaos this year. New players are very welcome and I'm sure squads will be available to borrow, we didnt get all of the last lot on table last time.

No doubt the scenario will start to unfold, there are already rumours of President N'Dahwehlahweh's survival and Red Cross workers have reported a mysterious disease affecting some of the tribal folk visiting the City from the outlaying jungles.

I have made tweaks to the rules this morning in line with last games suggestions, notably:

1. Movement simplified to 5//10/15 inches crawl/move with action/run.

2. Snipers not as long ranged now which reals them in a bit. Unless you have a Barrett .50 cal - which are now 'Super Snipers' with 50" range max.

3. Mortars now need a spotter with LOS to target. This can be anyone in your force so any units forward of mortar team.

I've kept vehicle guns/tank guns the same. They are not as powerful as they would otherwise be in reality so as to avoid tank dominance in the game. I'd be inclined to limit the numbers we use so no one is bringing an armoured division.

I'll email the rules round this afternoon.

My forces currently include:
Vietnam Vet Marines (likely will have an M113)
Israeli Paratroops
A few Soviets
The Bongolese National Defence Force (possibly trundling out a T34)
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Re: Kumbahyah Nov 2021

Post by Paul »

I can provide figures and models for for Rhodeleland, Bishop n'Duna's ZAPZAP insurgents and the Escudan Expeditionary Force.
I'll probably bring the Evil Escudans as it will force me to paint them. If everyone has a small armoured contingent additional airstrikes probably won't be necessary (and maybe should be very limited in number anyway?).
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

Martini Security Solutions Inc. has shifted to a training and Spec Ops function and the association with the KLF has begun to create a regular army. Obviously the Methodist Boys FC militia are still around looking for something to do.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

This sounds like a job for the Compagnie d'Ingenieurs Archaeologiques (I may need to borrow some forces - if anyone has some modern FFL and civvies, that would be perfect).
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

In addition to the Royal Zumba Regiment, the Royal Erin Rangers, and our Special Forces detachment, Albion is sending a company of the Rutland Light Infantry. Zumba's armoured car det will be present, and hopefully some Saladin personnel carriers.. Also available for use are the Murrican contractors, and the insurgent types, which I may add to.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Buff Orpington
Grizzly Madam

Post by Buff Orpington »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:12 pm This sounds like a job for the Compagnie d'Ingenieurs Archaeologiques (I may need to borrow some forces - if anyone has some modern FFL and civvies, that would be perfect).
Just tell the Methodist Boys FC that you're searching for treasure and you'll never get rid of them.
I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:12 pm This sounds like a job for the Compagnie d'Ingenieurs Archaeologiques (I may need to borrow some forces - if anyone has some modern FFL and civvies, that would be perfect).
Does this mean you're joining us on the Dark Continent Brendan? You'd be most welcome! I can't promise you won't get mauled by rabid chimps or boiled down for soup by the locals but to be fair if you've already turned up in Ayton you've rolled the dice already.

There will be plenty of spare troops I'm sure. If you pm me your email I'll forward you the rules. We'll use this thread for sorting scenery, forces, scenario etc. Kumbahyah as you might know is a very simple game but heavily driven by cards and the imaginations of the players. Its never dull!!
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

tim.w wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:32 pm You'd be most welcome!
Yay Brendan :buddies:
Just don't open the Monkey Cupboard and watch out for falling choppers!
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Well, thank you for the generous welcome, mes amis! (Just to be clear, this is THE Ayton weekend of 26-28 November, yes?)
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Yes this comming November. Though we haven't worked out which day. It'll be whichever day the shiny game isn't on.