Framlingham, 3rd-6th November 2022.

For Loose Games & Shows.
Buff Redux
PurpleBot

Re: Framlingham, 3rd-6th November 2022.

Post by Buff Redux »

Ok that's the accommodation details but what's the timetable for events? Do we plan to play on the 4th-6th?
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

Buff Redux wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:25 am Ok that's the accommodation details but what's the timetable for events? Do we plan to play on the 4th-6th?
More details of commands and orbats nearer the time, I will be contacting participants by pm soon regarding sides etc. The plane is to play a campaign style battle over three days, Friday to Sunday. I am pretty confident that I have organised the armies etc, and have sufficient forces to sustain this. Of course I might be adding some reinforcements in the time leading up to it, but the armies are now so large, that an extra regiment here and there is a drop in the ocean.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Bright's Legion will only be turning up from the Saturday. Whilst i'll be arriving on the friday it'll be too late be involved in the game I think (although mid afternoon is a possibility).
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

I’m impressed with the level of planning 13 months out !

My room has been booked for a long time though…
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

Paul wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:35 pm Bright's Legion will only be turning up from the Saturday. Whilst i'll be arriving on the friday it'll be too late be involved in the game I think (although mid afternoon is a possibility).
That is intriguing.
Buff Redux
PurpleBot

Post by Buff Redux »

Paul wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:35 pm Bright's Legion will only be turning up from the Saturday. Whilst i'll be arriving on the friday it'll be too late be involved in the game I think (although mid afternoon is a possibility).
Given the circumstances you could rename them as The Purple Legion.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

Buff Redux wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:47 am
Given the circumstances you could rename them as The Purple Legion.
I have just re read what you wrote, and I understand now what you meant. In that case, if you are arriving later on the Friday, I can build that into the scenario, just to make it a bit more interesting.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Tim Hall wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:30 pm I have just re read what you wrote, and I understand now what you meant. In that case, if you are arriving later on the Friday, I can build that into the scenario, just to make it a bit more interesting.
Haha that sounds like a plan.
I am aiming to get there about 3pm on the Friday but i'll need to check in at the hotel.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

If someone can confirm that there are places still available, I shall ascertain from the Baroness whether I am allowed out to play on that weekend. Can I just check - this is a pure ACW weekend, no other games?
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Hello Brendan,

My understanding is that the weekend is ACW only, using, almost entirely, Tim H's gorgeous, gorgeous collection. I'm sure he'll be along shortly.

The hotel is reserved for our bookings, for a few more months at least, sadly they had no truck with group discounts.

Crown Hotel, Framlingham, Woodbridge.

E