Ayton 18th Century Extravaganza - Roll Call!

For Loose Games & Shows.
World2dave
Jezebel

Ayton 18th Century Extravaganza - Roll Call!

Post by World2dave »

OK, please can we have a quick re-cap of people's intended forces for the big bash in a month's time.
Even if you've posted it previously and nothing has changed, please confirm:

~ Name of force/country
~ Name of its commander (i.e. the on-table character, not you)
~ Number of Infantry brigades (3 standard (line/grenadier, etc) or light battalions to a brigade, can also have 1 gun, and a small skirmisher unit if you really want)
~ Number of Cavalry brigades (3 units to a brigade, can also have 1 gun associated, and a small skirmisher unit if you really want. Cavalry types are mostly 'Horse', with Armoured and Lights, and/or Lance-armed, being the distinctions)

~ Any spare units you are happy to lend to others, or if you need to borrow any to make up a brigade, etc.

Note: each player can designate 1 battalion and 1 cavalry unit as Elite (they get a small bonus in the rules, they're not Old Guard level), which they can identify to their opponents on the day. If they want to players can also designate up to 1 additional unit of each as Elite, so long as they also designate another unit of the same type as Poor.
All guns will count as Field Guns unless advised otherwise by the scenario.

Finally...
Please direct your camel gun and elephant-related questions direct to EB, avoiding this thread. He will be happy to enter into extended and detailed discussions with you to ensure these units are covered by all-powerful rules on the day. ;)
Elephants hauling guns or carrying generals are of course welcome among eastern-flavoured armies, as already agreed. Andy's gliders, Indians, regimental bands and incendiary pigs are already factored in.

Details of the scenario, and opposing sides, will be shared before the event - as will some details of the rules (which have been successfully playtested several times in multi-player games, and should serve well).
Pemble
Loose Virgin

Re: Ayton 18th Century Extravaganza - Roll Call!

Post by Pemble »

I'll go first then, as a newbie let me know if I need to change anything as I'm certainly not going for historical accuracy here...

Commander: Baron Henning von Wolfjager
Brigade: 1 x Infantry (Wolfjagers Own) - 3 regiments of line infantry and it's gun Winnifred

Sadly no spare units, this battalion was commissioned solely for Ayton
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

I'll go second.

General Leigh-Pickled commanding the Gateway Alliance of Southern East Anglia.
Four Brigades of foot - each of three battalions (aka units) and a gun
Three Brigades of horse - each of three squadrons (aka units) (4 sqns being armoured, 2 others are light and lance armed)
HQ Brigade - two light infantry battalions, one squadron of horse and the engineers, and a gun.

Iain
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Hang on. I thought force sizes were being limited! 8 brigades just for you EB! Look, I know they’ll all last as long a everyone else’s single brigade, but still!
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

People are going to bring different sized forces, but as we're working on brigades as a building block we can balance the sides, and move forces/reinforcements around as necessary. I think over the 2 days an upper useable ceiling would be 4 infantry and 4 cavalry brigades, but most people will be fine with less or even half that.

We're not lining up wall-to-wall on Saturday morning, most of the table will be empty and later arriving troops will be replacing wrecked (removed) brigades.
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

Sounds good Pemble. I'm sure there will be some reinforcements for you!

Nice to see Iain is cheating already, and he hasn't even rolled any of his ambiguously-marked dice yet. HQ brigade my @$$.
We'll probably find a place for it - possibly acting as line-of-march markers for Andy's usual 2 day re-deployment.
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

Me:
The Grand Duchy of Medetia
Commanded by General Count Barolo "the ever-victorious, well mostly"
3 Infantry Brigades (each with skirmisher unit and gun)
3 Cavalry Brigades (each with gun)

I can also lend a few bits if needed, let's see what people need.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

The Lord Honourable General Holden McGroin commanding the Army of Albion

3 brigades of foot, each with 3 battalions and a gun (each brigade has a light unit included)
1 brigade of horse, consisting of 3 regiments of horse, a light unit and a gun attached.
Last edited by Jeremy on Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purple
Grizzly Madam

Post by Purple »

Afternoon assorted sex pests.

Pop me in for -

~Prussia (+1)
~ General Flappnitz
(Markgraf of Brandenburg Wolfenbüttel of Bevern-Brunswick from the Von Preussen Mecklenburg Zollern Flappnitz)

~ 3 Infantry Brigades (+1 Prussian)
~ 1 Heavy Cavalry Brigade (Stiffness bonus)
~ 1 Hussar Brigade (Elite +2, unlimited Saving throws, magic banner of invincibility, led by über Chaplain with powerfist )
~ 3 Guns (not small)

*No light infantry, what sort of foppish Austrian cad would even contemplate such homogaucherie?

PS - you may of noticed I’ve not been here in a while and there’s a load of PMs in my box but they all read as deleted - never be ashamed of your erotic poetry. Unless your Jeremy.
World2dave
Jezebel

Post by World2dave »

All sounding good guys!

Don't worry Purps, we can always lend you some Grenz if you need anything small slipped in.