Ayton 2022 ~ Background to the Battle

For Loose Games & Shows.
World2dave
Jezebel

Ayton 2022 ~ Background to the Battle

Post by World2dave »

Gentlemen of the Forum, I present to you...

The Battle of Zehntel, 1752
Refought at Ayton 2022 by the Gentlemen of the LAW

The War of the Läwrissian Succession
The dynastic and diplomatic entanglements of the Läwrissian Succession have caused swords to be drawn across a divided continent. The vital question of which son succeeds the recently-deceased King Humperdink will be determined by the martial success of one or other of the belligerent factions;
  • The YARP Alliance, made up of those supporting Yannick as Ascendent Royal Prince
  • The League of NARP, comprising those who support Nicolas as Ascendent Royal Prince
A campaigning season filled with marches, sieges, drinking, battle, painting and mayhem has led to much discombobulation;

~ Altfritzenburg is on its knees, having been ravaged and plundered up to the hilt
~ The Gateway Alliance has conducted a ‘fighting’ withdrawal across the endless plains of Essex
~ St Paulin has raised forces so vast that they’ve hired them out to both sides
~ The contingent from Wheyeydia has woven a disturbingly unpredictable path across the theatre of war in a confusing manoeuvre they call ‘the Sambuca’

Evil times indeed.

However, the pivotal moment has now arrived; both sides are concentrating their armies for a titanic showdown (everyone needs to get home for the harvest, after all). All forces are converging on the sleepy town of Zehntel which has suddenly been thrust into centre-stage as the decisive focus of the campaign. Hurried along by their commanders, each army is striving to reach the battlefield and wrest control of the key objectives. The result of this battle will surely determine the outcome of the war.

The greatest military minds of the age have answered the call to battle, an unparalleled pantheon including Leigh-Pickled, Bosco Jankovic, Prince August, Flappnitz, von Ludwig, Vacqueyras, Barolo, Notgudinoff, von Wolfjager, Hangem-Floghem, von Hesseburg, Holden McGroin, and Lord Peeler himself.

That the rules of war have been greatly simplified over those of previous campaigns has been noted by these stupendous intellects. And by Leigh-Pickled.

The next despatch will set out the opposing sides, and a few other important details.
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Re: Ayton 2022 ~ Background to the Battle

Post by Count Belisarius »

My hilt has never come close to being plundered never mind ravaged!

All sounds very exciting!
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Gripping stuff! The mothers of the Gateway Alliance must be exhausted from churning out young soldiers for the meat grinder!

Is it true that the average age of a combatant in the Gateway Alliance is now 7?
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

Jeremy wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:27 am Gripping stuff! The mothers of the Gateway Alliance must be exhausted from churning out young soldiers for the meat grinder!

Is it true that the average age of a combatant in the Gateway Alliance is now 7?
I suspect there's a typo there - there's a 1 missing - its actually 17 not 7 - though 7 is probably the average IQ of the Gateway General Staff :fp:
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

😂😂 no, I meant 7! And your point is also equally valid.
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

Smashing stuff
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Buff Redux
PurpleBot

Post by Buff Redux »

Count Belisarius wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:21 am My hilt has never come close to being plundered never mind ravaged!

All sounds very exciting!
Well, there was that one time but you were very drunk and only did it for a bet.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

Jeremy wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:27 am Gripping stuff! The mothers of the Gateway Alliance must be exhausted from churning out young soldiers for the meat grinder!

Only the veterans.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

Awesome!
John Rich
Loose Virgin

Post by John Rich »

Starting to sound like a properly organised game of toy soldiers, that's a bit worrying 😦