Gaynor

Re: DBN Gaming

Post by MarshalNey »

Excellent!
Ilkley Old School
PurpleBot

Post by Ilkley Old School »

More DBN action in down town Ilkley today.

GH came over today and we played a couple of games DBN. It was his first go at the rules so after a quick explanation we started.

I used the Command and Colours scenario, with a few tweaks, for the map and force composition.

The French, under Marshal Ney, are poised to launch their attack. The objective is to capture both of the small towns (non linear fortifications in DBN terms) or to inflict 5 loses on the Austrians.

The Austrians are set up to defend the small towns and the range of hills. Their force does not include any Light Infantry elements but does include 2 units of Cuirassier.

The French attack on their right with heavy Columns advancing whilst their left is held back. The French have 3 light units and get a plus one on their Cap dice where as the Austrians are a -1. This gives the French greater flexibility to out manoeuvre the more ponderous Austrians. The French also uses attack columns with a +3 bonus which makes them tough against Austrian lines.

The French attack against Elchingen is successful however a counter attack by a Austrian elite element recaptures the town.

The French attack against the church is however thrown back and Austrian Light horse moves forward to threaten the French Infantry.

French Light cavalry heroically charge an Austrian horse artillery unit but lose the close assault and recoil before receiving rasping canister fire which destroys them.

With the French attacks failing the Austrian counter attack on their left are are able to win 5 vs 4 elements lost.

After a lunch and a pint in a local pub we changed sides are refought the game. In this game the Austrians and French tried 5 loses each and the game went into sudden death which saw the Austrians able to win 6 - 5.
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

Excellent stuff!!
Willz the Wargamer
Gaynor

Post by Willz the Wargamer »

Stunning looking game and figures.

Willz.
Penda
Gaynor

Post by Penda »

Lovely looking game. I'd fancy a go at this I think. Where does one get the rules from?
There is no point in being stupid if you don't show it!

www.talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk
www.talesfromrhanzlistan.blogspot.co.uk
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

Penda wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:45 am Lovely looking game. I'd fancy a go at this I think. Where does one get the rules from?
https://dbnwargaming.weebly.com
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Great stuff. Looking forward to Saturday.
Ilkley Old School
PurpleBot

Penda wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:45 am Lovely looking game. I'd fancy a go at this I think. Where does one get the rules from?
I can recommend the youtube videos for more info and as well as games being played. A great way to learn the rules. Just search for DBN Wargaming.
Ilkley Old School
PurpleBot

tim.w wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:51 pm Great stuff. Looking forward to Saturday.
Tim and I are having a go at Barosa using my 20mm classic Napoleonics on Saturday.
Penda
Gaynor

Post by Penda »

goat major wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:36 am
https://dbnwargaming.weebly.com
$15 for a download I have to print out myself seems very unattractive to me. Was rather hoping they'd be free. As I've had an advanced copy of Never Mind the Bollocks for free I may try the Wars of the Roses next year instead.
There is no point in being stupid if you don't show it!

www.talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk
www.talesfromrhanzlistan.blogspot.co.uk