Selling for Basement Mark:

1 Pack of 28mm Celtic Chariots by Victrix
1 Pack of 28mm Gallic Cavalry by Victrix

£45 for both including UK postage or £40 Ayton Pickup
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Re: Victrix 28mm Celts

Post by Tim Hall »

I'm up for them, unless you get a better offer. Something different for my bizarre Ancient forces. Ayton pick up ok?
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Tim Hall wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:18 pm I'm up for them, unless you get a better offer. Something different for my bizarre Ancient forces. Ayton pick up ok?
Perfect, I'll get them from Basement Mark and stick them in my "bring to Ayton" box :)

I have some Dacians that i'm keeping, just in case I join in your Fantasy thing.. as I suspect my Dwarf boys won't fit in with the "hyborianesque"???? background.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

I have Romans. Just sayin. 😁
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

Paul wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:03 pm
Tim Hall wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:18 pm I'm up for them, unless you get a better offer. Something different for my bizarre Ancient forces. Ayton pick up ok?
Perfect, I'll get them from Basement Mark and stick them in my "bring to Ayton" box :)

I have some Dacians that i'm keeping, just in case I join in your Fantasy thing.. as I suspect my Dwarf boys won't fit in with the "hyborianesque"???? background.
I have nothing against persons of restricted growth. It is a fantasy ancients thing after all. But but no fricking magic.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Tim Hall wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:25 pm
Paul wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:03 pm

I have nothing against persons of restricted growth. It is a fantasy ancients thing after all. But but no fricking magic.
I have some Lamming Romans. Not only are they of restricted growth but they are also, I think, magic.

E
Last edited by Essex Boy on Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

I like magic in "low" fantasy, but not "high" magic!
The sort of things I like are when the magic is essentially a psychological effect brought about by a belief system or shared delusions.
Examples could be something like the "Ghost Fence" that features in Bernard Cornwell's "Winter King" series or a "Dragonroar" that convinces a unit that something nasty is about to attack them and so causes fear/morale check.

But no, I would agree things like fireballs, lightning bolts or the good old hedge of thorns can just be too cheesy.

Right that's me off my soapbox :D
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

I had the opportunity to play Midgard this past weekend in a game run by the author. LoTR based game, so no magic (although there was a Balrog).

Superb fun and a set of large battle rules that will let you fight anything from Homeric Greece to Medieval (especially periods where the focus is on heroes being heroic)

James is going to send me a copy as it won’t be published till later this this year. Excellent set of rules I thought
garyp
PurpleBot

Post by garyp »

That sounds interesting Jeremy. I'm looking for something to use for the Trojan wars. I've tried a Lion Rampant variant that I cobbled together from various articles, Impetus (which doesn't feel right at all) and Hail Caesar, which has the right sort of feel but underplays the heroic stuff a bit too much. I'd be interested in having a look if you could bring them to Ayton?
Why us? Cos we're 'ere lad, nobody else.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

garyp wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:54 am I'd be interested in having a look if you could bring them to Ayton?
Will do