Hummel?

For your Wargames Wittering
Spanner
Gaynor

Re: Hummel?

Post by Spanner »

Mal's still around but age is catching up with him a bit.
Next time you see him, mate, please pass on my regards.
If "The System" is the answer, who asked such a bloody stupid question?
ochoin
Gaynor

Post by ochoin »

I pay for tracking on my Ebay sales. It certainly cuts into profit but whether it's Australia Post bungling or porch-pirating, lost packages are on the rise.

donald
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

As Donald and I know to our cost. If I ever get hold of the bar steward who nicked that OOP Revell Austrian Artillery off you, mate......
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
ochoin
Gaynor

Post by ochoin »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:22 am As Donald and I know to our cost. If I ever get hold of the bar steward who nicked that OOP Revell Austrian Artillery off you, mate......
Yep. I regret the limber & horses the most.
In the scheme of things, we've only lost a few things- the Revell SYW figs, a case of wine, some face cream & a desk lamp.
Maybe a couple of other things.
Based on absolutely no evidence, I suspect OZ Post foul-ups. For some reason, they photographed a package they'd left on our front stairs & sent it when I complained about non-delivery. The problem was we don't have front stairs but I recognised them as part of a house two doors up. I retrieved the package, still there unclaimed, as those neighbours were away.

With the nearly universal shortage of labour, OZ Post seems to have employed anyone they could get, hence standards are appalling.

regards, donald
Spanner
Gaynor

Post by Spanner »

The nice thing about living in a small town- the postie and parcel bods can read an address and, Cromwells excepted, deliver to the right one. Most of the people delivering parcels are contractors- and are paid by the parcel delivered. So getting someone else's parcel, or someone getting mine, was common in Queanbeyan. A mate in Canberra has lost a few things which were supposedly delivered- either nicked off his steps or delivered to the wrong address.

Donald. I sent you a PM with Bill's email addy.
If "The System" is the answer, who asked such a bloody stupid question?
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

Oz post is just awful I think, its the worst - ordering from Eureka takes an age - I've waited soooooooooooooooooooooolong for parcels from Oz in the past and its only just over the ditch
ochoin
Gaynor

Post by ochoin »

valleyboy wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:53 pm Oz post is just awful I think, its the worst - ordering from Eureka takes an age - I've waited soooooooooooooooooooooolong for parcels from Oz in the past and its only just over the ditch
I ordered some WW2 Americans from them on Sunday. Arrived this Wednesday. 4 days.

donald
Etranger
Jezebel

Post by Etranger »

Spanner wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:57 am
Mal's still around but age is catching up with him a bit.
Next time you see him, mate, please pass on my regards.
Will do. We catch up every month or so.
Etranger
Jezebel

Post by Etranger »

valleyboy wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:53 pm Oz post is just awful I think, its the worst - ordering from Eureka takes an age - I've waited soooooooooooooooooooooolong for parcels from Oz in the past and its only just over the ditch
It's long been so. Many years ago I sent a parcel home to Adelaide from Sydney before heading overseas for a month. I got home first....

It's very variable though. I've bought a bit of stuff from interstate recently & it's turned up within a few days.