Ayton 10-12th November 2023

For Loose Games & Shows.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Ayton 10-12th November 2023

Post by Tim Hall »

Chaps, we have booked the Ayton village hall for the weekend of 10th - 12th November this year, for wargaming fun and frolics. I was thinking of a smorgasboard of smaller games, rather than one big game, for a change. This will be our, now traditional, (since 2014 at least) tail end of the year event for 2023. Possibly returning to Fram next year.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
tim.w
Jezebel

Re: Ayton in Autumn. 2023

Post by tim.w »

Excellent. All my 2024 suggestions just got a bump 😃
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

Now this interests me, as the spring date has always been problematic.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Oh bollox. Not another one. I was hoping for a few quiet months.

Oh all right then, if I must.

E
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

Can we not book snow for it this year though?
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Hotel booked.

Be careful of the Lodge's booking system. It seems to be offering rather expensive options compared to Booking Dot Com. I gather they are using a marketting company to set prices.......so the more people enquire about a particular date, the more expensive it gets.

E
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

FreddBloggs wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:55 am Can we not book snow for it this year though?
I must confess that I rather enjoyed the 2021 snow, not least as it was my first ever visit to Ayton. It made even Peeler look picturesque.

Well, almost..... :evilgrin:
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Tim H. - To be honest, away from the May Bank Holiday weekend would actually be my preferred time to visit Ayton, but your post suggests a return to Framlingham after this year. Is that set in stone, or is there a possibility of future Autumnal events in the bucolic setting of North Yorkshire?
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:33 am
FreddBloggs wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:55 am Can we not book snow for it this year though?
I must confess that I rather enjoyed the 2021 snow, not least as it was my first ever visit to Ayton. It made even Peeler look picturesque.

Well, almost..... :evilgrin:
you did not get to walk home in it from Sheffield train station with a case full of lead....
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

Essex Boy wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:28 am Hotel booked.

Be careful of the Lodge's booking system. It seems to be offering rather expensive options compared to Booking Dot Com. I gather they are using a marketting company to set prices.......so the more people enquire about a particular date, the more expensive it gets.

E
You’re not joking!

I initially only booked for the Saturday for this coming Ayton as I wasn’t sure where I’d be with work and year end deadlines. Managed to get myself sorted so can make the Friday night as well. When I phoned, they wanted to charge me £136 for the Friday night alone! I politely told them to get fucked and that if I can’t have it at the same rate as the Saturday, I’m not interested. I now have both nights at the lower rate.