Gaynor

Re: Ayton 10-12th November 2023

Post by MarshalNey »

Glad it went well. :)
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

Corking weekend had, well done all 👍 It was such fun that I had to stay in Sunday & have an early night. 🤭
Alex T
Loose Virgin

Post by Alex T »

'Brief' battle report, East Ayton Eylau
There was 6 warriors for the days battle (I was umpiring):
Tim W - CinC, Napoleon - also Commanding the Left Wing with Soults Large Corps and Lasalles Light Cavalry and Le Guarde
Paul - Right Flank Commander - Commanding Augereau's Corps + Murats Cavalry Reserve
Martin - Commanding Davout (arriving Turn 2) also to Command Neys Corps (arriving Turn 12)
Peeler - CinC, Bennigsen, also Commanding the Centre & Right Wing of 3 x Corps
Ian - Commanding the Left Wing of the Russian Army
Andy - 'Sick' !!! (promises to help Peeler when the going gets tough ! LOL, Peeler greatly appreciated his promise, LOL)
After briefings, coffee and several farts (no names no pack drill) the battle got started around 11:30
The French were heavily out gunned, so immediately went into all out assault and Murat launched a grand right flanking manoeuvre. Tims central assault got blasted to pieces by Peeler, however Tims Tirailleurs de Po & Corse did great damage attacking the flanks of the Russian Guns. Pauls attack suffered badly from Ians Lancers and outstanding 'only 5's' dice. Paul made great strides with his 'grand manoeuvre' capturing the 'rear area camp' of the Russians (2 VP) and launched his Cuirassiers through the snow covered woods to assault Ians rear facing defensive line. The Cuirassiers broke through the Russian Line and attacked into the nearest village, destroying the defenders and then riding on again and attacking the infantry deployed on the far side of the village. This attack eventually broke and ended but achieved everlasting glory. Ian was under constant & intense pressure from Paul and with Martin and his well coordinated flank attack.
Andy eventually turned up with the Prussians (Peeler said he hadn't noticed) however it was all too late, by the half way point (Turn 10) it was all over, the French Army was broken and had to withdraw from the field.
We gamed for about 4 1/2 hours including a half hour Lunch break (4 hours of play) all 4 hours were full on action with Battle Honours going to Ians 'invisible' Russian Lancers, Pauls Cuirassiers and Tims Tirailleurs....and Andy for eventually 'stepping up' (good man)
I thoroughly enjoyed the company and the w/e and hope the others did also.
Location was great, very comfortable.
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

It was indeed a most excellent game. And obvious to all that the arrival of the Prussians and their devastating march along the baseline finally caused the collapse of the French army and a glorious victory for Peeler and Iain. I'm sure they appreciate my contribution having dragged myself off my death bed...
Alex T
Loose Virgin

Post by Alex T »

Count Belisarius wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:11 am It was indeed a most excellent game. And obvious to all that the arrival of the Prussians and their devastating march along the baseline finally caused the collapse of the French army and a glorious victory for Peeler and Iain. I'm sure they appreciate my contribution having dragged myself off my death bed...
Good Point Andy.....you arrived the French surrendered....just saying ?
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Hold up........

So, the astonishing success of my two cavalry regiment's get's down graded to simple good luck?

Fair enough.

Just asking.

E
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Huzzah!
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

Paul wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:52 pmHuzzah!
the mystery of Iain winning a cavalry fight gets cuirassier and cuirassier.
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

goat major wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:00 pm
Paul wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:52 pmHuzzah!
the mystery of Iain winning a cavalry fight gets cuirassier and cuirassier.
:fp:
MarshalNey
Gaynor

Post by MarshalNey »

Ho ho