More ideas wanted.....

For your Wargames Wittering
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

More ideas wanted.....

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

.....this time for a transparent hex grid overlay for gaming mats. Looking for a UK manufacturer/supplier for the equivalent of the following:-

https://tablewar.com/collections/geomat ... 5642624131

Apparently, "Tablewar" were in the UK until Brexit made them take their ball and go home (ah, bless). Searches of Etsy and the like have produced one company wanting £40.00 for a pack of two 9" x 7" overlays for D&D gaming. Maths was never my best subject but I make that 28(?) packs to cover a 6' x 4' mat.....I think not.

Any/all links welcome!

Elsewhere, England have passed 500 in a Test innings in England for the first time since 1985, with six of the top seven batsmen topping 50 for the first time since 1930. Shame it's in Manchester and the remaining 2.5 days' play will be washed out by the traditional Lancashire Monsoon Season that invariably coincides with England looking like they're going to win.....
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Spanner
PurpleBot

Re: More ideas wanted.....

Post by Spanner »

According to this link (https://tablewar.com/collections/geomat ... t-hex-grid) they still make them. But P&P from the US could be a major cost factor.

If you have a local printer who can do banners and posters, and print on acetate, then ask them about it, mate. If you need to supply a file for the hexes then let me know the size (point to point), colour and format you need.
If "The System" is the answer, who asked such a bloody stupid question?
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Cheers - I may come back to you on that as I'm looking at UK printers!

Tablewar is VERY expensive anyway (US$75 for a 6x4 hex overlay - which is more than any mat I've yet come across), with postage on top, positively eye-watering.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Willz the Wargamer
Gaynor

Post by Willz the Wargamer »

BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Spanner wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:06 pm If you have a local printer who can do banners and posters, and print on acetate, then ask them about it, mate. If you need to supply a file for the hexes then let me know the size (point to point), colour and format you need.
Have found a printer who will do this on acetate, would appreciate your help, and have PM'd you with the details (I'm speaking to them tomorrow).