The Other Partizan Wargames Show Report October 2023

For your Wargames Wittering
Atheling_2006
Hasty Harlot

The Other Partizan Wargames Show Report October 2023

Post by Atheling_2006 »

Please forgive the direct link. There are far too many large photographic files to load onto every fora I'm posting on without losing a year or two of my life.

for the lowdown and the juicy pics- just pop on over o my just Add Water Blog here:
https://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.c ... eport.html

A visual report on all the games that caught my eye except for The Bodkins Siege of of Hennebont, 1342 (Precurser to the HYW) on which I was waxing lyrical. I've struggled for time ergo the lack of commentary on the rest of the games.
All the games are a visual treat and i urge you to pop over and have a gander.

Many more pictures on my blog! See link above.
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Re: The Other Partizan Wargames Show Report October 2023

Post by FreddBloggs »

I missed it due to a gammy leg (war wound, dont'cha'know). Pity as some cracking games there, although Mr Baccus did say it was probably good for me, walking on a stick would have been tough with the numbers and crowds.
Atheling_2006
Hasty Harlot

Post by Atheling_2006 »

FreddBloggs wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:18 pm I missed it due to a gammy leg (war wound, dont'cha'know). Pity as some cracking games there, although Mr Baccus did say it was probably good for me, walking on a stick would have been tough with the numbers and crowds.
Like most UK shows the numbers thin in from about 1-2pm- not so much at Partizan but I reckon, if you can stand the discomfort, it's worth a look around(?).
Willz the Wargamer
Gaynor

Post by Willz the Wargamer »

Cool ,thanks for sharing.

Willz.
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

Atheling_2006 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:30 pm
FreddBloggs wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:18 pm I missed it due to a gammy leg (war wound, dont'cha'know). Pity as some cracking games there, although Mr Baccus did say it was probably good for me, walking on a stick would have been tough with the numbers and crowds.
Like most UK shows the numbers thin in from about 1-2pm- not so much at Partizan but I reckon, if you can stand the discomfort, it's worth a look around(?).
Oh I know, have done it in the past, just missed this one.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Frankly,. I would agree with Mr B - I'd say you were probably well out of it. I currently need a four-wheeled walker (slightly sparkly Irish Racing Green, since you asked) to get around, and have done since the Ayton weekend back in late April. With it, I have attended Partizan I, Colours, and a few smaller local shows - but not without difficulty. Despite having an extremely useful integral seat (with an equally useful storage area under it), to be honest, it has given me a tremendous appreciation of how even a small lip in a doorway can inflict a disproportionate amount of misery and I have every sympathy for those who have to cope with far worse and/or more permanent disabilities than I have. Get well soon, Fredd!
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

Cheers Darrel - currently planning a visit to Partizan next May
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

Thankfully Baron, this is only a tempory disablement.
Atheling_2006
Hasty Harlot

Post by Atheling_2006 »

valleyboy wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:50 pm Cheers Darrel - currently planning a visit to Partizan next May
It will be great to see you there.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

FreddBloggs wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:52 pm Thankfully Baron, this is only a tempory disablement.
Good to hear!
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.