The Battle of Warburg 1760 (Our Christmas Game AAR)

For your Wargames Wittering
Willz the Wargamer
Gaynor

Re: The Battle of Warburg 1760 (Our Christmas Game AAR)

Post by Willz the Wargamer »

DavidNBA wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:22 pm Yes, a wonderful looking game! :-) I must finish off and post all the French flags for that battle...
Welcome David, glad you finally got here.

Willz.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Whenever I see British cavalry of this period on the table, I always look for the Royal Scots Greys (not least because I love an entire mounted unit in mitre caps - don't ask). And you don't disappoint. Splendid set-up and the game seems to have lived up to that. Well done to all involved.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

Alex T wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:41 pm A great looking game
Thanks mate. :-D
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

DavidNBA wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:22 pm Yes, a wonderful looking game! :-) I must finish off and post all the French flags for that battle...
Cheers! But look, we must stop meeting like this. People will talk.

You will of course have noticed, that there is barely a single French regiment that aligns with the orbat for Warburg! :-D

I think the Planta Swiss and the La Reine and Montcalm Cavalry (and Chasseurs de Fischer) were the only parts of my collection which matched.
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

Spanner wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:40 am Excellent work, Mark. I liked the AAR especially. One question- the Legion Britannique (Newgate's Own) seemed to do quite well.

How?
Cheers! The legion's dragoon squadrons were extremely lucky on the dice-rolling when they attacked (uphill!) the Chasseurs a Cheval de Fischer. The legion's infantry were then completely ignored by the French, who by then were all heading towards the opposite flank. The Chasseurs a Pied de Fischer were kept cooped up inside Warburg by the legion's dragoons.

Historically, the legion did really well; actually storming Warburg itself and kicking out the Chasseurs de Fischer.
RMD
Jezebel

Post by RMD »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:26 am Whenever I see British cavalry of this period on the table, I always look for the Royal Scots Greys (not least because I love an entire mounted unit in mitre caps - don't ask). And you don't disappoint. Splendid set-up and the game seems to have lived up to that. Well done to all involved.
Cheers, Mein Graf.
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

I don't think that's how you spell Minecraft.....
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

Looking good!
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

seriously impressive Mark
DavidNBA
Loose Virgin

Post by DavidNBA »

Spanner wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:40 am
Welcome, David, and great to see you here. I will finish off that email and get it to you today.
Thank you! Look forward to hearing from you soon... :-)
My (mostly 18th century) flag and template blog: https://nba-sywtemplates.blogspot.com/