Matt Bickley's Vikings

For your Wargames Wittering
Penda
Gaynor

Matt Bickley's Vikings

Post by Penda »

I don't know if this will be of interest to others but these are my son's latest work for Footsore Miniatures. The range was fully funded within an hour or two and is going like a rocket. Obviously I've become a Backer for the first time ever on Kickstarter. If you're interested the funding window ends on 31/03/24. The figures are all already made so no risk it seems to me now.
There is no point in being stupid if you don't show it!

www.talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk
www.talesfromrhanzlistan.blogspot.co.uk
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Re: Matt Bickley's Vikings

Post by Count Belisarius »

There are some splendid figures there. Tempting...
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

I considered those and the problems for me are that you need to buy a lot of rank and file to get the characters, the "rank and file" aren't really suitable for anything other than skirmish games and there's too many archers in the pledges.

They are undoubtedly lovely figures if you're only using them for Blood Eagle, Barons War(Conquest) or Lion Rampant etc... They might even work for "A Bash of Shields" :D But they won't work for any traditional Rank and Flank rules.
Last edited by Paul on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ochoin
Gaynor

Post by ochoin »

"probably the best ever made" doesn't look like too much hyperbole there. The poses look very natural & the detail seems extraordinary.

donald
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

As Paul says, for skirmish type games they will be outstanding. Not really suitable for building shieldwalls... I'm very tempted to get one of the sets. They will paint up very nicely.
Penda
Gaynor

Post by Penda »

I rather think it depends on how you base them for rank and file games myself. As you might know I used big bases to represent units, not the 40x40 of olden days. If you scroll down the Kickstarter you can build your own pledge of individual packs which might solve your character and archer problem. I can see these being popular with Saga players and such.

Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

I was tempted for the shaman in the first 24hours, but I missed it due to KS losing my payment details :( so now I'm not sure.

The "army" packs work out at over £2 a figure and the RRP is (on average) £3 a figure as the packs are 30 figures for £64 (RRP £90).
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

I signed up for this within a short time of release as I think these are superb - as are his Welsh but then anything Welsh would quite naturally be superb
There's no doubt the man can sculpt :clappy: :clappy: :clappy: :clappy: :clappy:
The full 5
Penda
Gaynor

Post by Penda »

valleyboy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:48 ambut then anything Welsh would quite naturally be superb.
Does that extend to the rugby team though?🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿😁🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

As others have said, great for skirmish and the characters look great. Bit fussy otherwise though. My Dark Age are Footsore, Gripping Beast and the Arthurian Space marines from Warlord.