Re: Salute 2024

Post by Count Belisarius »

That's on my calendar too.
Ilkley Old School
PurpleBot

Post by Ilkley Old School »

I will be at Partizan.

I used to go to Salute in Kensington back in the day although it meant a trip up North over the river Thames.
Spanner
PurpleBot

Post by Spanner »

Gents, if I do get me fat arse into a plane and head to the UK again- and immigration lets me in- the trip will be timed to allow me to finally attend one of the BIG UK shows. I won't be there for the trade stands so much (perhaps a bit, for books more than anything- I'll be painting for 50 years after I'm dead, just to finish off what I have now) but for the demo games and possibly participation games.

Regional rivalry set aside, which show would you recommend for an uncouth, opinionated and mouthy Aussie to attend?

Cheers.

PS My last visit to Newark was not pleasant, but I may be able to not remember the past if you think Partizan is worth it. Perhaps. As long as taxis and trains are not involved.
If "The System" is the answer, who asked such a bloody stupid question?
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Where was the last Partizan you visited - Kelham Hall, or the new(er) venue at the Newark Show Ground?

If the former, then I would unhesitatingly recommend it, as the "new" venue is miles better. And in addition to a Lard Zone and a plethora of other participation games, there will be quite a lot of us attending. Ah, wait, that might not be a selling point......
Last edited by BaronVonWreckedoften on Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

While I think Salute is by far the biggest and bestist show, I have to agree that Partizan is much friendlier.....in a quaint, rural, sort of way. Also, I suspect a lot of people, traders and clubs alike, are being put off by the cost of 'displaying' at a show in the 'Smoke'.

I wouldn't bother with Vapnartak, if it's on, or if it has traders, or games, or.......York's lovely though.
Pemble
Loose Virgin

Post by Pemble »

Was toying with the idea of going this year as I missed it last year due to planned rail engineering works making the journey impractical, only to find on checking the journey today engineering works again, so probably not. :wall:

Curse Mrs. P for wanting to move to the country. :fp:
Last edited by Pemble on Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willz the Wargamer
Gaynor

Post by Willz the Wargamer »

Can't get to partizan 2024 as I have a day pass for Legionary 2024 at Exeter on the 11th of May.
I am putting on my siege of "Louisbourg game".

Any of you chaps coming to Exeter.

Willz.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Pemble wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:41 pm Was toying with the idea of going this year as I missed it last year due to planned rail engineering works making the journey impractical, only to find on checking the journey today engineering works again, so probably not. :wall:

Curse Mrs. P for wanting to move to the country. :fp:
Curse Mrs P for your wonderful wargames shed with bar?

I'd assumed you wouldn't be attending.......it sounds like there may be an outside chance, perhaps?
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Willz the Wargamer wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:53 pm Can't get to partizan 2024 as I have a day pass for Legionary 2024 at Exeter on the 11th of May.
I am putting on my siege of "Louisbourg game".

Any of you chaps coming to Exeter.

Willz.
Were it not for the show's proximity to Ayton, I would try to attend one year. I've only ever passed through Exeter. - it must be worth a look-see.

E