Old magazines

For trading your quality goods
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Re: Old magazines

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Any copies of WSS with an AWI theme would be well received here, Simon.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.
valleyboy
Jezebel

Post by valleyboy »

Essex Boy wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:56 pm I'd really like to see Tim's stuff from back then.
E
Just call round when it suits and you can have a look as I still have them all in binders, I can't remember but I certainly have all of DMs issues of MW along with the early Wargames Illustrated ones :!:
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

He's also got a cellar full of wine, so be sure you bring a change of clothes and a toothbrush.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

grizzlymc wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:01 am Handy if you're camping in Rome.
I'm sure John Inman could have used it on his holidays!
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

valleyboy wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:10 am
Essex Boy wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:56 pm I'd really like to see Tim's stuff from back then.
E
Just call round when it suits and you can have a look as I still have them all in binders, I can't remember but I certainly have all of DMs issues of MW along with the early Wargames Illustrated ones :!:
Good man. I'll let you know when I'm next in the area.
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:16 am Any copies of WSS with an AWI theme would be well received here, Simon.
i think there's a couple in the pile so i'll search them out for Partizan. I cant imagine they say anything you don't already know though....
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

goat major wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:58 pm Sorry Tim I haven’t got any that old. I did discover recently in my old White Dwarfs (which are the ones I’m keeping) the Call of Cthulhu in space scenario that had your figures in it - very nice too!
This was the surprise i got when i was rereading old White Dwarf's last year.

Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

Ye gods that takes me back. I wonder where all that stuff is now? All of it except the ruin has gone to serve elsewhere in the Multiverse. If anybody has any copies of the Wargames World specials that Duncan M did (yellow covers) a lot of my old stuff appears in those.

The Last Log did get voted as one of WD's most popular scenarios, back in the day.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Subedai
Fallen Woman

Post by Subedai »

Up until about six years ago I had all of MW mags from the beginning, I also had all the original MM's until a proper wargaming mag came out and a number of Battlegames. To save my loft joists from finally snapping under the weight I went the lot and cut out all the articles I might find interestiing at some time in the future. The only full copies I have left are the ones where I had an article in.

Signed, Mr Vanity
MickS
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

goat major wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:36 pm
BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:16 am Any copies of WSS with an AWI theme would be well received here, Simon.
i think there's a couple in the pile so i'll search them out for Partizan. I cant imagine they say anything you don't already know though....
True, but you never know! And always useful to have on file, especially if I want to write anything for them myself. Thanks for that.
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.