What are people buying?

For your Wargames Wittering
tim.w
Jezebel

Re: What are people buying?

Post by tim.w »

Zenbadger wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:41 am We used to have a tameshigiri barbeque at the Iaido club I used to frequent. This involved butchering half a pig with katanas, cutting the limbs first and then moving on to the rest of the carcass. It really takes some technique and effort to cut through a pig's leg but the results are delicious.
:lol: saves soaking dozens of tatami mats in the bath overnight

Ironically having said I was semi-retiring from kendo this year I'm really missing it now we can't train if we wanted to.
Peeler
Grizzly Madam

Post by Peeler »

Anyway, apart from all this hacking and slashing - by the way, the slashy effects of two Stanley blades together but with a smalk gap inbetween are fairly horrible to see and probably stings a lot too. Done that way to leave the wound open & difficult to stitch & leaves a large deep scar. Worst one I saw was from shoulder to hip, bloke was a tad tearful.
Oh yes, anyway, I've sourced, found & ordered meself a set of barnet trimmers to be picked up Thursday from the town Argos. Just as well, cos me wig is getting weighty and when the wind blows it hurts.
Zenbadger
Gaynor

Post by Zenbadger »

tim.w wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:41 pm :lol: saves soaking dozens of tatami mats in the bath overnight

Ironically having said I was semi-retiring from kendo this year I'm really missing it now we can't train if we wanted to.
To be honest, the difference in price between half a pig and a box of tatami mats and green bamboo is about £50-£100 but with the pig nothing goes to waste, one guy even saved the bone to make sayaguchi guards and tsuka ornaments.

I went out into the garden and went through the standing seitei tachi today. It still feels good to swing a sword but my knees wont do the endless kneeling these days. I'll be back to karate like excrement off an implement though. I reckon I can do that well into my seventies as long as I can drop the lockdown weight, half the characters on my belt are in the knot at the moment.

Back on topic though, I bought a PDF of the Peninsular War supplement for Black Powder. Might just accept the inevitable and go with BP in 15mm.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

I buy my pig from Tesco. No effort involved. I’m not covered in blood. I can buy it in manageable portions. And it tastes mighty fine.
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

But it takes a lot of imagination to believe that it's the annoying neighbour.
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

Jeremy wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:22 am INo effort involved. I’m not covered in blood. I can buy it in manageable portions.
And thus after 3 years in Blighty the Saffer has almost attained civilised status
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

😂😂😂
FreddBloggs
Grizzly Madam

Post by FreddBloggs »

goat major wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:26 am
Jeremy wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:22 am INo effort involved. I’m not covered in blood. I can buy it in manageable portions.
And thus after 3 years in Blighty the Saffer has almost attained civilised status
You mean, after 3 years in blighty, the saffer has had his civilisation worn down to the levels of the locals?
grizzlymc
Grizzly Madam

Post by grizzlymc »

In Bury?
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

An eye watering £4.29 on 1 tin of humbrol white enamel. Includes postage though.

Run out and although Boyes is open I've no desire to stand in the covid que in the rain to get in. So in that respect I don't begrudge the extra £2.

Desperate to undercoat and crack on with the new spencers.