Ayton1: - 30th April ~ 2nd May 2021.

For Loose Games & Shows.
garyp
PurpleBot

Re: Ayton 2020 - The Official Planning Thread

Post by garyp »

Four or five players for the Zulu game is about perfect, with the Zulus being randomly controlled. If there's too many games I'd be fine to drop it though if the schedule gets congested. I'm quite interested to see how it fits into the overall scheme for the 'campaign' though - everyone against the Zulus on Sunday maybe? 😁😁😁
Why us? Cos we're 'ere lad, nobody else.
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

Essex Boy wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:14 am This is a general sort of announcement, thing........

We originally said we'd leave it until the end of September before firming up the shape of Ayton 2020, and that remains the plan. However, here we are at the end of August and it seems we have very probably arrived at the final list of games. Or have we?

No one has put their name forward to play an 18thC game on the Saturday and with so few of us yet to declare a preference for the Saturday I'm tempted to withdraw that option now. So, if anyone really wants to play an 18thC game on the Saturday, now would be a good time to say so.

And (there's more), this might also be a good time for the other game organisers to review their numbers. If you have to turf out some undesirables, this would also be a good time for the cull.

Iain
If I heard you correctly yesterday, I take it you will be joining Whisky and me in our adventures in Canada on Saturday.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
goat major
Grizzly Madam

Post by goat major »

I’ve had more take up for Lace Hulk than I expected. It might be possible to accommodate everyone or I might have to run it twice in the day - if logistics permit. I’m going to experiment a bit with rules over the next couple of months but if you want to offer to drop out then i won’t be offended and let me know now if you are potentially tempted by something else
Goaty bloggy thing http://goatmajor.org.uk
Goaty twitty thing http://www.twitter.com/GoatMajor
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Tim Hall wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:57 pm

If I heard you correctly yesterday, I take it you will be joining Whisky and me in our adventures in Canada on Saturday.
Very close. I said that no one had expressed an interest in an 18thC game and that if no one did, I would ask to play your game. However, having been offered the 18thC option should stay open for a little while longer (if only to give Andy an excuse to finish his Les Higgins WSS army).

Iain

Ps Gary - great idea - Zulus against the rest..........
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

I can always bring more Zulus in case Gary doesn’t have enough. By then I should be up to over 100
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

Essex Boy wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:37 pm
Tim Hall wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:57 pm

Very close. I said that no one had expressed an interest in an 18thC game and that if no one did, I would ask to play your game. However, having been offered the 18thC option should stay open for a little while longer (if only to give Andy an excuse to finish his Les Higgins WSS army).

Iain

Ps Gary - great idea - Zulus against the rest..........
Roger that, boss.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Andy and Dave have expressed an interest in a LoA/WSS game in the Saturday using my LoA/WSS 20mm stuff. I'd be well chuffed to put on such a game, so it's on the list. Plenty of room for more players.

However, it may not be realistic to get it done in half a day (Andy's only free for half a day) so if the Saturday timetable gets too congested, it is likely to be the first casualty.

Iain
garyp
PurpleBot

Post by garyp »

That's a quandary. I'd like to do that too but now I've got 3 half days in one day!
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

garyp wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:04 pm That's a quandary. I'd like to do that too but now I've got 3 half days in one day!
......and you're organising one of them. Nightmare!

At the end of September all the game organisers should have settled on their final list of participants and we'll know how Saturday has shaken out.

I think it's correct to say that Simon's game is a bit busy, Paul's is about right for numbers but the Tims' game and mine have room for more bodies. Not sure if Peeler's game is just for a loving couple or not.

Iain
garyp
PurpleBot

Post by garyp »

If Simon's game is oversubscribed I'm happy to let others play and go and sit in a corner with the sad gits playing with 20mm stuff