Ayton 3rd-5th May, 2024

For Loose Games & Shows.
Pemble
Loose Virgin

Re: Ayton 3rd-5th May, 2024

Post by Pemble »

A splendid weekend with a welcoming bunch of gamers.

Thanks to Peeler for arranging food, the hall and being a splendid adversary in the ACW game (yes really (although his dice need to be taken into protective custody)).

Thanks EB for giving up playing our game to referee and generally making it up as he went along, Tim for allowing me bonus activations to squander and Andy for kindly wiping out my right flank saving me a trip to the far end of the table.
garyp
PurpleBot

Post by garyp »

Great weekend guys. Thanks to Peeler for organising, to Simon, Norm, Iain, Tim and Paul for staging some great games and to everybody for making the weekend sociable and fun.
Why us? Cos we're 'ere lad, nobody else.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

First, I apologise for my cough.

Second, thank you Peeler for making it all possible.

Third, thank you to all those brave souls who played the Shiny Napoleonic and ACW games.

And lastly, but not leastly, thank you to everyone for being such a splendid bunch of chaps.
tim.w
Jezebel

Post by tim.w »

Thanks all it was a most memorable weekend! My wife's plot with Paul to swipe my keys so she simply had to come and stay for a mini break in Scarbados worked a dream. We had quite an adventure at the refugee hostel though and it was a good laugh, far more interesting than a Travelodge! And it was clean and comfy to be fair with a bagain breakfast. The girls had a blast in Scarborough and enjoyed the fun fair at Ayton too.

Freya helped me pack up and observed that there were "no girls here Daddy" followed by "when I grow up I can play too." 🥰🥰 Which really topped off a great weekend!

Thanks to Paul for all the work on an excellent game. I think we'll be seeing it used again. I've had thoughts of taking it to the local club to draw in some more players. My Goth army will grow and I should have a full Saxon army together soon.

I'm sorry I didn't get much time to socialize post games hopefully next time!
BaronVonWreckedoften
Grizzly Madam

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

tim.w wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:48 am Freya helped me pack up and observed that there were "no girls here Daddy" followed by "when I grow up I can play too." 🥰🥰 Which really topped off a great weekend!
Most of my friends with children have girls and they all seem to really enjoy gaming (and are often quite competitive with it, as my two lads can attest!), but around the age of 12-13 they all drift away. All of them now think it's childish - or worse. The normal excuse is "Oh, they've discovered boys!" - which you would think would attract them - but I rather suspect that more serious friendships with other girls lead to "playing toy soldiers with dad" suddenly not being cool any more.

Enjoy it while it lasts!
Kein Plan überlebt den ersten Kontakt mit den Würfeln. (No plan survives the first contact with the dice.)
Baron Mannshed von Wreckedoften, First Sea Lord of the Bavarian Admiralty.