Wanted: Warhammer Ancient Battles

For trading your quality goods
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Re: Wanted: Warhammer Ancient Battles

Post by Paul »

HMS Priapus wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:02 pm Scribd has much of these titles available as pdfs. I'm happy to assist, if you know what I mean, as I've got a sub there.
I noticed that Scribed used to have more but many have been removed, presumably for copyright/cease and desist reasons?
HMS Priapus
PurpleBot

Post by HMS Priapus »

I downloaded the WAB pdfs mentioned here, so if anyone has a dropbox they'd like them in, I'm happy to share them.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

HMS Priapus wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:49 pm I downloaded the WAB pdfs mentioned here, so if anyone has a dropbox they'd like them in, I'm happy to share them.
Do you have the WAB2 version of Armies of Antiquity which has about 200 lists?
I thought I had it but canit find it now :(
HMS Priapus
PurpleBot

Post by HMS Priapus »

The version I found is about 55 pages or so, is that the one you're after?

Looks like there's about 20 more supplements covering various periods in pdf format available.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

HMS Priapus wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:46 pm The version I found is about 55 pages or so, is that the one you're after?
That's the first one :( I've got that in real hard copy :)
The WAB2 version is about 200 pages long (published in 2011 I think) and has lists for just about everyone!
It used to be on Scribd but got taken down, i'm hoping it might get sneaked back on at some point :evilgrin:
HMS Priapus
PurpleBot

Post by HMS Priapus »

I'm seeing a WAB forum compilation Just called Book 4 - looks to be later medieval for the most part, but a lengthy document. No luck on the WAB2 version, I'm afraid. I haven't really played Ancients much since an tantric orgy of DBA in college, but now wishing I would have purchased (nearly)all the WH Historical ancients stuff when they cleared it out several years ago, as I'm not keen to go back to DBA/DBM, nor does Hail Caesar seem to be what I think I'm looking for.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

HMS Priapus wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:01 pm I'm seeing a WAB forum compilation Just called Book 4 - looks to be later medieval for the most part, but a lengthy document. No luck on the WAB2 version, I'm afraid. I haven't really played Ancients much since an tantric orgy of DBA in college, but now wishing I would have purchased (nearly)all the WH Historical ancients stuff when they cleared it out several years ago, as I'm not keen to go back to DBA/DBM, nor does Hail Caesar seem to be what I think I'm looking for.
I used to have all of the WAB 1.0/1.5 sourcebooks but started to offload them about 2 months before this esteemed forum started to talk about doing it :fp:
There is the WAB Forum tome which gives all the supplement armies (and a few more) in a free to download set :) The WAB2 AofA still gives more lists but you have to tweak the points as WAB2 armies have higher points values for the same troops :hair:
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Do the points really matter? I'm just going to paint whatever takes my fancy.
Jeremy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Jeremy »

That’s what I’m doing Iain. The books are useful though for giving stats, but nothing stppping you making it as you go along.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Essex Boy wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:09 pm Do the points really matter? I'm just going to paint whatever takes my fancy.
It helps to get roughly equal forces or to adjust them to match a scenario. Like 'Jezbok' says though the books are mainly useful for stats and special rules that apply to the army.