Grizzly Madam

Re: Framlingham, 3rd-6th November 2022.

Post by Count Belisarius »

Well it beats spending the whole game marching
Tim Hall
Gaynor

Post by Tim Hall »

Well, after months of preparation, it all went by so quickly, Sunday evening came round all too soon. I would like to thank all of you for making the trip to Framlingham, and for making my dream a reality: To get all the ACW boys on a good sized table and fight a titanic three day game, with a result at the end (even if it was the wrong one). As always, play was conducted in a gentlemanly fashion, and despite my battle plan coming unstuck, I thoroughly enjoyed my three days. Thanks guys for your efficient clear up at the end of the game, and special thanks to Iain, Peeler, Simon and Jamie for unloading the car and getting it all safely upstairs thus avoiding any domestic disharmony. (And Jamie, Pat says to give you a special thank you for your kind gifts, she was chuffed indeed.) To Andy and Paul for making the long journey from the frozen North. In fact a huge special thank you to all of you for being there and playing fair, and that is why I always refer to this group as the Ayton Stalwarts. Those of you who had to pull out for various reasons, you were missed, hopefully there will be a next time.

Thanks to you all for the great company and pleasant evenings during your heroic bid to eat and drink the town dry, and a special mention to EB for his sterling efforts in organising the playsheets, orders of battle, lovely range sticks, and putting together such an elegantly simple yet immensely playable set of rules, and also patiently adjudicating when required. I should also mention his hard work in helping me put the battlefield together, it looked just the way I had envisaged it. Thank you Simon for some splendid photographs, Pembs for being a tough but scrupulously fair opponent, Paul, for the much needed Bright' Legion, they looked terrific, and Peeler for being a well behaved house guest. All in all, a superb weekend's gaming with a group of excellent chaps. Roll on April/May 2023.
Rules? You ask me what rules do I use. No, I don't do rules.
Buff Redux
PurpleBot

Post by Buff Redux »

Thanks for all your hard work Tim.
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Yep, a very splendid weekend. Many thanks for the opportunity to play with your awesome ACW collection, Tim, and for getting all the ducks in line.

And thank you (left to right) Simon, Buff, Andy and Pemps........the Union dream team........and to Jamie, Martin, Peeler, Paul and Tim, their most excellent CSA opponents.

Iain
Pemble
Loose Virgin

Post by Pemble »

Thanks Tim for arranging a great weekend.

Good looking table and gorgeous looking figures.

Had a good time and a fun game (easy to say when you win) - brief scare when Tim deployed his HMG team, (aka dismounted cavalry) thanks Iain for coming to the rescue there.
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

It was indeed a brilliant game and great socially too.
Thanks to Tim for his hard work with the organisation and the use of his amazing collection. Thanks to Iain too for the "impartiality" with his rules judgements :evilgrin:

Because I know i'll never get an ACW collection done in 28mm big enough to do the rules justice I have been thinking about Warlords "Epic" figures as a way to get in on the ACW goodness.
Count Belisarius
Grizzly Madam

Post by Count Belisarius »

15mm. Do 15mm.

It will NEVER compare to the awesomeness of Tim's collection though...

A
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

Paul wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:07 pm It was indeed a brilliant game and great socially too.
Thanks to Tim for his hard work with the organisation and the use of his amazing collection. Thanks to Iain too for the "impartiality" with his rules judgements :evilgrin:

Because I know i'll never get an ACW collection done in 28mm big enough to do the rules justice I have been thinking about Warlords "Epic" figures as a way to get in on the ACW goodness.
I think I may have made a couple of dodgy decisions.

E
Paul
Grizzly Madam

Post by Paul »

Essex Boy wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:57 pm I think I may have made a couple of dodgy decisions.
Even if you think you have, never admit it!
Essex Boy
Grizzly Madam

Post by Essex Boy »

:thumbs: